RNL Android APP
REDS Player of the Week: JOHNNY CUETO
RNL’s Reds Can of Corn
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
RNL on Twitter:
RNL on Facebook
- Reds turn to Arroyo to continue quality start streak June 19, 2013Jeff Locke will put his 6-1 record and 2.19 ERA on the line Wednesday against Bronson Arroyo and the Cincinnati Reds. Locke hasn't lost since April 7, his first start of the season.Steven Petrella
- Hit batters bother Latos more than snapping streak June 19, 2013A personal 10-game winning streak and a club record 21-start streak without a loss ended for Mat Latos, as the Reds were handed a 4-0 defeat by the Pirates on Tuesday.Mark Sheldon
- Votto, Rose exchange thumbs up after Monday homer June 19, 2013Joey Votto, who has long been a student of hitting, has gotten to know Pete Rose a little bit over recent years. He has plenty of respect for the former player that has 4,256 career hits, and the two exchanged pleasantries and a thumbs up after Votto homered in Monday's 4-1 win.Mark Sheldon
- Lutz showing strides off bench as pinch-hitter June 19, 2013Learning the nuances of pinch-hitting is difficult for many hitters, but it can be compounded for rookies, like Reds outfielder Donald Lutz. But Lutz is 2-for-3 coming off the bench in Cincinnati's past three games.Mark Sheldon
- Cozart's hitting streak snapped at seven June 19, 2013Reds shortstop Zack Cozart extended his hitting streak to seven on Monday with a long solo home run to the upper deck in left field, but he went 0-for-4 in Tuesday's 4-0 loss.Mark Sheldon
- Four homers back Leake as Reds win series opener June 18, 2013Mike Leake continued his strong pitching and was supported by home runs from Zack Cozart, Todd Frazier, Joey Votto and Jay Bruce in a 4-1 victory over the Pirates on Monday at Great American Ball Park.Mark Sheldon
- Cingrani to stick around, pitch out of bullpen June 17, 2013Lefty Tony Cingrani was called up from Triple-A Louisville to start vs. the Cubs on Tuesday in place of injured ace Johnny Cueto. When Cueto successfully returned to face the Brewers in Sunday's 5-1 victory, Cingrani was kept around to back up, just in case.Mark Sheldon
- Cueto OK after DL return, but time will tell June 17, 2013On Monday, the day after ace Johnny Cueto successfully returned again with six innings and 88 pitches in a 5-1 win over the Brewers, he appeared to have no ill effects. But it wasn't totally clear, yet.Mark Sheldon
- First-round pick Ervin readying for pro debut June 17, 2013Outfielder and the Reds' first-round pick in the 2013 First-Year Player Draft Phillip Ervin, who signed his contract on June 10, will begin his pro career at Rookie-level Billings. The Mustangs' season begins on Thursday.Mark Sheldon
- Phillips, Votto still hold leads in NL All-Star voting June 16, 2013Brandon Phillips and Joey Votto held on to their leads in National League All-Star voting this week, but it's gotten tougher for the other Reds in contention.Jeremy Warnemuende
- Reds turn to Arroyo to continue quality start streak June 19, 2013
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
REDS NEWS from the FARM:
- Bats bounce back with 5-2 victory June 19, 2013 Jason Stella
- Bulls score 16, run away from Bats June 18, 2013 Nick Curran
- Hamilton homers, Bats sweep Tides June 16, 2013 Erick Spaw
- Reynolds leads Bats to 4th straight win June 16, 2013 Carl Allen
- Bats sweep doubleheader over Tides, 5-3 and 1-0 June 15, 2013 Daniel Farish
- Soto's grand slam lifts Bats past Durham June 12, 2013 Erick Spaw
- Bats' rally falls short, lose 5-2 June 11, 2013 Daniel Farish
- Reynolds' gem leads Bats to 5-1 win June 10, 2013 John William Owens
- Myers' homers power Bulls past Bats June 9, 2013 Chris Gehring
- Pino solid, Bats unable to rally late June 8, 2013 Carl Allen
- BAYBEARS CRUISE TO 11-1 WIN IN FIRST HALF FINALE June 18, 2013The Mobile BayBears scored 11 unanswered runs and left no doubt as they wrapped up a first half division championship with an 11-1 clobbering of the Pensacola Blue Wahoos on Monday night. The win secured Mobile's third consecutive trip to the postseason.Kevin Burke
- ELLIS TWIRLS GEM AS WAHOOS SHUTOUT BAYBEARS 4-0 June 16, 2013Shaun Ellis shut down a red-hot Mobile BayBears lineup and the Pensacola Blue Wahoos scored all four of their runs in the fifth inning in a 4-0 shutout on Sunday evening at Pensacola Bayfront Stadium. The win snapped a three-game losing skid for the Wahoos and prevented Mobile from winning the first-half South Division title.Kevin Burke
- MOBILE TAKES THIRD STRAIGHT OVER PENSACOLA 6-2 June 16, 2013The Mobile BayBears pushed themselves closer to a first half Southern Division crown with a 6-2 win over the Pensacola Blue Wahoos on Saturday night at Pensacola Bayfront Stadium. Coupled with a Mississippi loss, the BayBears need just one win in the next two days to clinch the crown.Kevin Burke
- DENNICK SHINES IN 3-1 SETBACK June 15, 2013The Mobile BayBears scored single tallies in three separate innings, which was enough on Friday night as the BayBears knocked off the Pensacola Blue Wahoos 3-1 in front of a capacity crowd of 5,038 at Pensacola Bayfront Stadium, the 13th sellout of the season.Kevin Burke
- EVANS BLASTS MOBILE BY PENSACOLA 5-2 June 14, 2013Nick Evans launched two home runs, including a tie-breaking shot in the ninth inning to lift the Mobile BayBears to a series-opening win over the Pensacola Blue Wahoos, 5-2, on Thursday night at Pensacola Bayfront Stadium. The game was played in front of a sellout crowd of 5,038, the 12th sellout of the season.Kevin Burke
- WAHOOS RALLY FOR 7-3 WIN OVER BRAVES June 12, 2013The first five Pensacola Blue Wahoos reached base as part of a four-run eighth inning that pushed Pensacola past the Mississippi Braves 7-3 on Tuesday night at Trustmark Park. With the win, the Wahoos finished the 10-game road trip at 5-5 and knocked Mississippi out of first place in the process.Kevin Burke
- BRAVES RECLAIM FIRST WITH TWO WINS OVER WAHOOS June 11, 2013The Blue Wahoos nearly prevented the Braves from reclaiming the top spot in the Southern League South Division on two separate occasions on Monday, but the resilient Braves battled back in both games to walk-off with a 7-5 win in the conclusion of Sunday's game and a 3-1 win in the second game.Tommy Thrall
- DENNICK, WAHOOS EVEN SERIES WITH 4-1 WIN June 9, 2013 Tommy Thrall
- BRAVES CRUISE TO 6-1 SERIES-OPENING WIN OVER WAHOOS June 8, 2013The Mississippi Braves scored three unearned runs in the bottom of the fourth, which seemed to be the knockout punch in the Blue Wahoos 6-1 loss to the Braves on Friday night at Trustmark Park.Tommy Thrall
- WAHOOS RIDE CLUTCH HITS TO DOUBLEHEADER SWEEP June 7, 2013The Pensacola Blue Wahoos picked up their first doubleheader sweep of the season, knocking off the Montgomery Biscuits 2-1 in the first game before winning a wild one, 6-5, in the nightcap. The two wins earned Pensacola its first road series win since taking a series in Jackson from April 20-24.Kevin Burke
- BAYBEARS CRUISE TO 11-1 WIN IN FIRST HALF FINALE June 18, 2013
- Dragons Announce Roster ChangesRight-handed pitcher Jackson Stephens and infielder Brent Peterson have been promoted to Dayton from Billings.
- Dragons on TV Thursday, Friday, and SaturdayAs the Dayton Dragons open the second half of the Midwest League split-season, their first three games will be televised from Fifth Third Field on WHIO Digital Channel 7.2 (Time Warner Basic Cable Channel 23 and Digital Channel 372). Games on Thursday, June 20; Friday, June 21; and Saturday, June 22 will be televised. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. a […]
- Dragons and Vectren Present 2013 "Community All-Stars"Vectren Corporation and the Dayton Dragons will host Charlie Moore during the unique "Community All-Stars" program on Monday, June 24th, at 7 p.m. when the Dayton Dragons take on the Lansing Lugnuts at Fifth Third Field.
- East Division Wins MWL All-Star Game in Dayton, 6-5Lansing's Dalton Pompey lined a base hit to center field to bring in Brandon Drury from third base with the winning run with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning as the East Division All-Stars defeated the West Division All-Stars 6-5 on Tuesday night. A crowd of 8,746 attended the game at Fifth Third Field in Dayton.
- All-Star Game Notes for June 18Midwest League All-Star Game, 7:07 p.m.
- Dragons Post Shutout Win to Close First HalfDayton starting pitcher Ismael Guillon and three relievers combined on a five-hit shutout as the Dragons defeated the South Bend Silver Hawks 2-0 on Sunday afternoon. The Dragons won two-out-of-three in the series against the first half East Division champion Silver Hawks. The series concluded the first half of the Midwest League's split-season.
- Dragons Pressbox Notes for June 16Dayton at South Bend, 2:05 p.m.
- South Bend Edges Dragons 5-4South Bend's Rudy Flores collected three hits, drove in three runs, and belted a tie-breaking home run leading off the bottom of the eighth inning as the Silver Hawks defeated the Dayton Dragons 5-4 on Saturday night.
- Dragons Pressbox Notes for June 15Dayton at South Bend, 7:05 p.m.
- Dragons Belt 3 Homers, Win 7-4Jesse Winker, Junior Arias, and Seth Mejias-Brean all belted home runs as the Dayton Dragons defeated the South Bend Silver Hawks 7-4 on Friday night. The Dragons have now won five of their last six games in South Bend against the first place Silver Hawks.
- Dragons Announce Roster Changes
- It's Off to Work We GoJoin the Blaze for our seasonal job fair in 2013!
- It's Off to Work We Go
- Mustangs to be on ESPN 910 KBLG April 16, 2013The Billings Mustangs announced that ESPN 910 KBLG will serve as the team's official flagship station for all radio broadcasts during the 2013 season. Each and every Mustangs game, regular season and post season, will be broadcast live in its entirety on 910 AM.
- Pat Kelly to Manage Mustangs In 2013 December 17, 2012Today the Cincinnati Reds announced Pat Kelly will return as the field manager for the Billings Mustangs in 2013. The 2013 season will be his third season in a Billings uniform.
- Mustangs Named as Freitas Award Winner November 28, 2012Baseball America has announced that the Billings Mustangs are the winner of the 2012 Bob Freitas Award for the Short-Season classification in minor league baseball.
- Mustangs named All-Stars August 28, 2012Billings Mustangs infielder Seth Mejias-Brean and pitcher Ismael Guillon have been named to the Pioneer League All-Star Team. Mustangs manager Pat Kelly was named Pioneer League Manager of the Year.
- Mustangs set to Celebrate 60 Seasons January 16, 2012The Billings Mustangs Professional Baseball Club announced today their game schedule for the upcoming Pioneer League season. The 2012 campaign marks the 60th Season that the Mustangs have played and operated in Billings.
- Mustangs mourn passing of Bob Forsch November 4, 2011The Billings Mustangs organization was stunned by the sad news former St. Louis Cardinals pitcher and current Billings Mustangs pitching coach Bob Forsch died suddenly Thursday at his home in Tampa, Fla. He was 61.
- Homer reports for Spring Training March 11, 2011With the Cincinnati Reds hard at work in Arizona, Homer decided to dust of his kickball and start getting ready for the Mustangs home opener at Dehler Park on June 20. The Reds have 22 former Billings Mustangs in Spring Training vying for a spot on the Opening Day roster. While Homer didn't make the trip south, he has been hard at work getting ready for […]
- Mustangs to be on ESPN 910 KBLG April 16, 2013